Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Fruits of Rome's Labor

Jerome gave me a huge surprise when I came home from Phoenix from a business trip. We have been planning on tiling our house for some time now. Our hot water heater valve broke a few months ago and ruined a good bit of our carpet so we ripped it up and purchased some tile to replace it. Before I left we discussed that the plan would be to start the project when I returned home. Well...little did I know Jerome had been planning this surprise for months. He had my aunt, uncle, grandma, and a friend help him tile almost our entire house in 3 days. He also cleaned, put furniture back where it was supposed to be, started laundry, and contacted a few of my friends to get some goodies for me and help him clean and what not. My sister was a huge help with the kids while he was up to all of this. He picked me up from the airport all dressed up which was a little out of the ordinary because after 10 years we rarely dress up for each other. I should also mention that we hadn't seen each other for a week. He had left the week before with Brennan on Wednesday to go to the Big XII basketball tournament. I left on Saturday morning and he got home on Saturday night. And then I did not return home until Tuesday night. So I thought the long absence might have sparked the nice attire :) On the ride home he was a little uneasy it seemed, he was shifting in his seat and clearing his throat quite a bit. When we pulled into the driveway he didn't park in the garage and then he handed me the keys to unlock the door. When I opened it I saw our beautiful tile. I am so blessed to have him!!

Before pictures prior to purchase of the house (sorry they are a little dark):






After pictures:






1 comment:

Juggler said...

so cool! I'm thrilled for you guys!